Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Joy and Purpose of Handwriting

My mother recently sent me an article she had clipped from the newspaper.  It is by Simon Garfield and is, as he titles it, a love letter to the love letter.  It is a celebration of handwriting, of putting pen to paper and all that this delicate, intimate act of communication entails.  I wanted to blog about this topic, but it seemed odd to do so in the usual typed format, so I decided to write it by hand.  Please click on the pictures to enlarge and read.



A picture of my mother's handwriting on the note she included with Garfield's article.

The Delta Scrigno with which I wrote this post.


A few of the pens in my collection.






No comments:

Post a Comment

While I welcome thoughts relevant to discussions of education, comments that are vulgar, insulting, or in any way inappropriate will be deleted.